Terms and Conditions- BY SIGNING ELECTRONICALLY, YOU ARE CONFIRMING AGREEMENT TO THE FOLLOWING: *
PLEASE TYPE YOUR FULL NAME TO CONFIRM YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS :
Sandra Cross Choir
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF the CHOIR MEMBERSHIP of Sandra Cross Choir (SCC)
This is the terms and conditions between the members and Sandra Cross Choir Ltd a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 14495487)
When you sign up to join the SCC you are indicating an acceptance of the terms and conditions as laid out in this document.
Please ensure that you are reading with the latest version of the terms and conditions.
Membership / Benefits
Joining the SCC gives you an opportunity to be part of a group of likeminded individuals who love to sing. Please note, SCC is not really a ‘gospel’ choir (so to speak). We sing all genres of music, but the difference is, we will be singing Sandra Cross songs only.
SCC is more of a ‘musical experience’ and journey, where we share Sandra’s music as a vision and inspiration, in a unique way, not forgetting the HUGE socialising platform which will automatically be opened across the country as all SCC choirs come together at the end of every year.
All of this, along with the added bonus of performing these songs with her at her shows and events.
As fortunately all of Cross’s songs are written in all genres, SCC gets the chance to perform to audiences of all ages, all walks of life and all cultures.
Active SCC membership gives you access to our Members’ Area where all relevant resources are made available.
Membership fees cover the rehearsals. All resources, downloads, performance opportunities and other additional facilities are offered at the discretion of SCC .
Membership costs will be reviewed as necessary and members will be advised in advance of any change.
Payment of membership fees should be made by the day of first rehearsal or by the next rehearsal following a taster session.
Choir membership is payable monthly or annually. Membership is £350 per year if paid annually of £360 per year spread over 12 months equating to £30 per month.
£30 / monthly
• Prefer to spread your membership subscription across the year with easy, no-need-to-think-about-it monthly payments? Then our payment plan is for you. You're committing to termly payments, but broken down into bite-size chunks!
• *Please note: Depending on when you set up your Direct Debit, your first two payments may be very close in order to keep your payments in line with the term.
£350 / Annually
• Save £10 when choosing to pay in one go and enjoy the choir all year round
• Join us for this year with one payment. The original, simple, straightforward, Bob's-your-uncle you're a member, popular option
When joining part way through a month, payment will be automatically adjusted and charged pro-rata for the remainder of the month.
Payment of membership fees should be made by the first day of each term or by the next rehearsal following a taster session. Termly membership means subscription for one academic term.
Annual subscription means membership for 3 consecutive academic terms – not a full calendar year. Annual membership will start at the beginning of the term in which the subscription is paid, regardless of when the payment is received, and will expire at the end of term date of the third term.
Payment is made via the SCC website and the direct debit is taken safely and securely at the beginning of each month.
A member is obliged to ensure there is sufficient funds to enable withdrawal of the direct debit. Failure of a direct debit may result in a member being charged for re-presenting.
No refunds will be offered for missed rehearsals but might be made in other extenuating circumstances at the discretion of SCC. There will be an admin fee of £10 for any refunds given. We do not give refunds on Annual membership except in exceptional circumstances, in which case any sessions already attended will be taken into consideration in the calculation of any refunds due.
Membership costs will be reviewed annually and members will be advised in advance of any change. Refunds are made solely at the discretion of Sandra Cross Choir, but will not be offered for missed rehearsals or member holidays taken at any point during the term.
There is an admin fee of £12.50 for any refunds given.
Choirs meet most weeks of the year with events and performances throughout the year.
SCC rehearsals take place mostly during the weekday at a a location local to the ’home’ selected by the member.
There will be occasional rehearsals away from the members home location especially when a joint event with other SCC is planned.
Rehearsal schedules may be altered or changed at the discretion of the Director to fit in with performances or other events. Certain performances may take place in lieu of rehearsals. Members will be notified of this in advance.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances where rehearsals cannot take place and alternative arrangements cannot be made, refunds will not be given but members might be given credits offered credits in lieu.
Payments of the relevant fees and participation at rehearsals and/or events will be required before a member can have full access to the members section. the whole of the member's section.
Location / Events
A member will need to choose their ‘home’ location and payment details will be linked only to that choir. The member will perform only with that choir at performances/events. However, opportunities may arise from SCC where members may be invited to join another performance planned for other choirs. SCC members do not pay to perform although it may be necessary to charge for transport, props, costume, and/or extra rehearsals for performances.
SCC T-shirt or other approved apparel is required for performances with comfortable shoes (colour to be announced per performance).
SCC strife to ensure that our merchandise is of the highest quality. The sale of merchandise is the sole responsibility of our supplier and queries regarding sizing, refunds, faults etc should be made directly to them. SCC is not responsible for issues regarding merchandise but is confident of the supplier will handle all queries professionally and in a timely fashion.
Health and Safety
The health and safety of all members of the SCC is of utmost importance to us. This policy sets out our commitment to ensuring that all activities carried out by the SCC are done so in a manner that minimises risk to health and safety.
We will regularly assess all risks associated with SCC activities, both in rehearsals and performances, and implement measures to eliminate or minimise them as much as possible. This includes assessing the safety of venues, ensuring adequate ventilation, and providing appropriate equipment to reduce the risk of injury.
We will check that there are appropriate safety equipment, including first aid kits, fire extinguishers, and emergency evacuation plans. We will also ensure that all equipment is maintained and kept in good working order.
We will ensure that all members of the SCC are properly trained in health and safety procedures and that they are aware of the risks associated with the activities they undertake. This includes training in the use of safety equipment and emergency procedures.
We will ensure that everyone involved in SCC activities, including members, volunteers, and contractors, is aware of their health and safety responsibilities. This includes ensuring that everyone understands the importance of reporting any accidents, incidents, or near misses, so that we can learn from them and improve our practices.
We will communicate our health and safety policy and procedures to all members of the SCC, and ensure that it is readily accessible to everyone involved in SCC activities. We will also ensure that everyone involved in SCC activities is aware of any changes to the policy or procedures.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all members of the SCC. This policy outlines our commitment to ensuring that all activities are carried out in a manner that minimizes risk to health and safety. We will regularly review and update this policy to ensure that it remains current and effective.
Equality and Diversity
SCC is committed to promoting equality and diversity and to eliminating discrimination in all its forms. This policy sets out our commitment to ensuring that all members of the choir are treated fairly and with respect, regardless of their race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic that may lead to discrimination.
We believe that everyone has the right to participate in our choir, regardless of their background. We are committed to ensuring that our choir is inclusive and that everyone feels welcome and valued. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment, and we will take appropriate action to address any such behaviour.
All members of the choir have a responsibility to ensure that they treat others with respect and do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of their race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic. Members are also encouraged to report any incidents of discrimination or harassment so that appropriate action can be taken.
We will ensure that our recruitment process is fair and open to everyone. We will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of their race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic. We will also encourage applications from individuals from underrepresented groups.
We will provide training to all members of the choir on equality and diversity issues. This training will aim to promote awareness of different cultures and backgrounds, challenge stereotypes, and promote inclusivity. We will also ensure that all members are aware of the procedures for reporting discrimination or harassment.
We will ensure that all members of the choir are aware of this policy and understand their responsibilities under it. We will also communicate our commitment to equality and diversity to the wider community and encourage everyone to participate in our activities.
We will monitor the implementation of this policy and review it on a regular basis to ensure that it remains effective and relevant. We will also collect data on the diversity of our membership and use this information to inform our recruitment and training policies.
SCC is committed to promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We will take all necessary steps to ensure that discrimination and harassment are not tolerated and that everyone has an equal opportunity to participate in our activities.
Code of Conduct
SCC aims to create a safe and positive environment for all. A standard of behaviour is expected from members of SCC:
1. All members must adhere to the Code of Conduct established by the Choir.
2. All members must attend rehearsals and performances as scheduled and on time.
3. All members must comply with any safety protocols established by the Choir.
4. Members will not be allowed to use any Choir property or equipment without permission
5. Members are expected to maintain an acceptable level of performance.
6. Members must respect the rights of other members and the staff of the Choir.
7. All members must abide by the laws and regulations governing the Choir and its activities
8. Members must not engage in any activity that may bring disrepute to the Choir.
9. Members must refrain from any conduct which is offensive, intolerant, or discriminatory.
10. Members must not use the Choir’s name or logo for any commercial purpose.
11. Members must not share any personal information regarding other members with any third party.
12. The Choir reserves the right to terminate any membership at any time, with good reason.
13. All members must attend all mandatory rehearsals, performances, and events given permission by the Choir Director.
14. All members must wear approved Choir attire when necessary
15. All members must abide by the Choir’s policies regarding the use of electronic devices during rehearsals, performances, and events.
16. All members of the Choir must be in good standing with the organisation and pay any applicable fees and dues on time.
17. All members must respect the rights and property of fellow members, as well as other members of the Choir and its associated organisations
18. All members must refrain from using alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products at any Choir event or rehearsal. .
19. Members may be removed from the Choir at any time, at the discretion of the staff, if any of these terms and conditions are violated.
20. All members are responsible for their own transportation to and from rehearsals and performances.
21. All members must pay the annual membership fee at the time of joining.
22. All members must bring their own music to rehearsals, and must be prepared to perform their parts.
23. All members must attend any additional rehearsals or meetings as required by the SCC.
24. All members must maintain a positive attitude and be willing to participate in all Choir activities.
25. All members must respect the opinions and decisions of the Choir Director and other Choir members.
26. The Choir reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time, with or without notice.
27. SCC cannot be held financially responsible for injury or damage caused by a member’s misconduct or inappropriate behaviour.
Social Media and Marketing
The SCC administrators reserve the right to remove any inappropriate remarks, comments, photographs and videos that may compromise its intellectual property and the feelings and privacy of its members.
SCC reserve the right to block a member from any social media platform belonging to SCC without warning if inappropriate remarks are made. SCC will not post any footage that may cause offence or embarrassment to any of its members. Upon joining it is agreed that photographic, video, images and sounds can be used for advertising and marketing purposes in relation to SCC.
SCC respects the information we hold on you and that we take the security of your information very seriously in accordance with GDPR.
Personal and private information collected from members and held at SCC head office will not be passed to any third party, except with the express agreement of each member.
Copyright and Licensing
All musical arrangements, lyrics, staging, movements, techniques, branding and ideas are the intellectual property of SCC.
Members of the SCC taking part in any rehearsal, performance, workshop or other agree that any ideas, techniques, resources or teachings will not be used, amended, copied or replicated in any way at any other event, nor will they be supplied or replicated to any other group or used in any other place
Access to materials created by SCC is for the benefit of each member to facilitate being able to take part in the Choir. These materials, when made available, are for personal use only and must not be shared, broadcast, circulated or posted online.
Any person deemed to be joining SCC for the sole purpose of getting hold of the intellectual properties owned by SCC, will be refused admission; or if already a member will have their membership withdrawn without refund.
SCC reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice